Welcome to Ancient mtDNA database!
This is the place where you can find an updated list of the published mitochondrial sequences coming from the ancient DNA samples (aDNA). The main interest of our database lies in the anatomically modern Homo sapiens samples, ranging from the late Paleolithic to roughly Iron Age times, focusing on an Euroasian geographical area. We provide both the mtDNA sequences (in FASTA format), and the metadata for the samples (IDs, dates, geolocation, site, culture, mtDNA haplogroup etc., available to download in a tab-delimited text file). You can:
- Search and download the database immediatelly.
- Display the selected samples on an interactive map.
- Read through the database documentation, FAQs or cite us.
- Check out links to other interesting (ancient) mtDNA tools and databases, or the list of references.
- Contact the authors if you have any more questions or maybe you want your samples to be included in AmtDB!
- Read our Terms of Service.
AmtDB in Czech media:
AmtDB content statistics (v1.001b, 09/03/2018, log)